It is 9:39 p.m. and I am starvin' Marvin. If Nick were here he'd tell me to eat, but I don't think I should eat this late. But, he'd argue that I should so that my body doesn't go into save sugar & fat mode overnight and in the end that'd be bad and work against me. So, I will Google it later, but I find it hard to argue with someone that has more power eating, eating for muscle, eating to eat books than I do fingers. :)
Today, was hard. I was in a total, "I don't care" mood most of the day so I could've very easily eaten badly. But instead, I tried to focus on chores to do and play with the boys and not how much I wanted a freaking Blizzard from DQ or some wonderful Oreo ice cream from Bruster's that at one point today I could totally taste. Love that place! But, I stayed strong and busy instead of enjoying some wonderful sweetness that I love so much.
Tomorrow, tomorrow's food journal will probably not be so hot. Nick just told me that since we will be so close to Gwinnett tomorrow after going to the Bodies exhibit in Atlantic Station that he'd take me up to Provino's. Oh my goodness, I love that place, you have to go to the one in Duluth too, no playing around with the other locations. I usually get to go once a year, for my birthday, so to know that I MIGHT be able to go tomorrow is super exciting. Before starting the shake thing I planned on losing ten pounds so Nick had to take me to Ted's Montana Grill. So I might have to hold back at Provino's tomorrow to help me meet that goal because next to Provino's Ted's is one of my most favorite places to eat.
breakfast: oatmeal with 2 strawberries mixed in & a little bit of honey (please don't ask about this experience-the food was yummy)
snack (post workout): Lean Shake
lunch: Lean Shake
snack: 1 graham cracker & blueberry fat free yogurt
dinner: 1 very thin pork chop & 1/2 cup of brown rice with veggies
snack: cucumber
(forgot to report that yesterday I ate a baked apple right after dinner and it was fabulous!)
Possibly a snack when I am done with this since now my hunger has turned into my stomach talking to me.
Trip to the gym: leg workout day/90 lbs. on the ADDUCTION & ABDUCTION leg machine (I do that for my own personal humor) then 35 min. on the treadmill on the hill function today @ level 9 going 4.0 mph only 270 calories burned and 2.37 miles
Tomorrow promises to be a fun day with the husband...we'll see how I handle the food....it is like a test.
2 comments:
Hey girlie - I admire your commitment to make a positive change! I don't know how those shake things are supposed to work, but are you actually getting ENOUGH calories? Especially as hard (go you!) as you are working out? That could explain the extreme hunger at nighttime... Just a thought, I'm (obviously) not an expert. Bethany says she misses you, by the way, so clearly we will have to see you soon. :)
You are sweet! I think you may be on to something, so I am trying for six meals a day including the shakes. We'll see how it all works, I know this is something I will have to work on as I go.
Tell Bethany I miss her too, I was thinking about her the other day. Love that kid! We will have to get together soon.
Post a Comment