Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 14

My hand smells a little like sweat...gross, it isn't mine. Do you know what that means besides I need to stop right now and go wash my hands? It means that someone didn't clean the machine I was on before I got on it after they sweat all over it! YUCK!

Hands are now clean so I can proceed.

What am I doing right this very second besides blogging? Why, I am drinking a Lean Shake to fit in number two and because after my workout I am feeling a bit shaky.

Workin' It Out
As I was leaving the gym tonight I was a little shaky and as I walked to the car my legs tightened up so much I could barely walk. Kind of scary, but all is good now. I did a higher level today on the treadmill. Go me! I burned more calories in a shorter distance too. As I was walking I was like only 12 minutes in, how can that be? I am pouring sweat and tired, no way do I have this much more time! But I made it through, before the treadmill I did most of the leg machines with weights. Not too bad for someone that had to drag themselves to the gym today. Honestly, if I didn't have to blog about it, I wouldn't have gone.

Leg machines
Treadmill: 314 calories/2.92 miles/random/level 10/35 min.

breakfast: Kashi Blueberry Clusters & coffee
snack: chocolate Lean Shake
lunch: whole grain pasta with crushed tomatoes & a sprinkling of cheese, broccoli (Nick had lunch ready when we came home from church)
dinner: Lucky Charms
snack: vanilla Lean Shake

Short Story Time:
Today, Nick and I were swinging on the swing watching the boys play, here's the conversation we had:

Me: I could really go for some ice cream. I have been good all week, I haven't had any sweets I don't think since last Friday.

Nick: You just ate something sweet.

Me: What? What did I have sweet?

Nick: You had Lucky Charms.

Me: Really? That counts? Lucky Charms is now in the same realm with ice cream? Are you serious right now?

Nick: It has a lot of sugar in it.

Me: Okay, Mr. Cosmic Brownie.

Nick: I am just saying, you just had something sweet. When are you going to go workout?

Me: I guess since I had all that sugar in a bowl of cereal I better get on it. When are you going to go work out, Mr. Sneak-things-in-the-cart-while-Kinsley-is-in-the-bathroom-and-try-to-get-the-kids-to-not-tell-on-you?

Nick: I went this morning.

Me: Really? Ice cream & cereal are now in the same category. This sucks.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

ooo, that does suck! I'm with you, they can't be in the same category....Lucky Charms has whole grains, doesn't that count for something? It does on the food pyramid ;)