If you struggle with your weight then you know it is truly a struggle. I have always been at battle with myself, and it is seriously a battle with myself. I had a baby in December and I only had 9 pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight and then BAM all of the sudden I am all blown up again. I am not sure what kicked me harder, looking pregnant again or buying a size 18. See I took a 16 to the dressing room fully expecting it to fit...it didn't...I almost cried walking out to get an 18 to try it on just to see if I needed a 20. I know for some people that an 18 would be a happy moment, but when you are normally a 12 or 14 and never once had to buy an 18 that is a pretty big deal. Anyway, I am officially a Weight Watchers drop out. I thought WW would be the answer, but for some reason it just wasn't working in with my life, mainly I wasn't ready. Weight Watchers works, it does, I just need something a little different.
So this is day 4 of no sweets, 5 days if you include the day I started. I just got up Sunday morning and said today is the day, no more sweets (for a little while). Nick said, "Let's get ice cream." I went but didn't partake, I was proud...very proud. Then on Monday I wanted some candy but resisted and someone offered me CHOCOLATE and I avoided it. Tuesday wasn't hard to avoid it, today at Chic-fil-A they are promoting their Handspun Milkshakes and were giving out samples and I resisted even though Rhino and Nick ate one. These are small steps to a big thing. I am proud of myself...it is also a bit of a personal challenge to me...and right now I am winning.
So the big part of this post: I weighed in this morning at 196.0 and I hope next week is lower.
Giving up Coke next week...that will be tough!
2 comments:
OK I somehow deleted my comment... so I'm retyping! I was saying good for you and also to check out www.sparkpeople.com if you haven't already. It's a great health & fitness site that is great for weightloss or just getting healthy in general. Totally free site - just lots of great resources and tools and support. Come find my page on there - my profile is AAZ106. Best of luck!!! :-)
Post a Comment