Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Gym

Tuesday I was at the gym and I was watching the t.v. with the videos and I saw the lamest video I have ever seen Falco's Der Kommissar. I understand that this is an old video and could've been innovative at one point, but seriously, the whole video sucks. I couldn't hear the music for a little while then I heard the "Uh-oh" and I was like I know this song! Here's to the green screen! Today I was at the gym and the guy 2 treadmills down from me got on and I didn't think anything of it until...the coughing & throat clearing started. I can't stand to listen to someone clear their throat over and over unless I know you are sick. This annoyed the crap out of me, I tried to focus on something else really hard, I dissected the Modest Mouse video and figured out that it has something to do with slaughtering sheep which made me think about the words to the song and I don't see how it is all related, I guess because good stuff is coming, we will all float on anyway...anyway, I had to stop my workout 4 minutes early because I was truly deeply annoyed. I had to resist hitting my hand on the treadmill and yelling "ARE YOU SICK OR SOMETHING? I NEED TO KNOW SO THAT I CAN FORGIVE YOU FOR RUINING MY WORKOUT!! ARE YOU A SMOKER?? IF SO, CUT BACK THAT MIGHT HELP WITH THE ANNOYING COUGHING & THROAT CLEARING!!!" I really wanted to yell, "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?" Instead I relocated, I could still hear him 2 rows back and trying really hard to concentrate on reading Oprah on t.v.. I wanted to cheer & clap when he finally finished. I was working out hard at this point and had 5 minutes to go and was just about to stop when this song came on, this song will always get me going and man I made it through looking like a lune lip singing to it.

So, still no weight loss...I won't give up, I have 22 pairs of dress pants I can't wear...yes, 22 and 7 pairs of jeans I can't wear and I didn't count my shirts but there are a lot. I can't pass up a good deal, now if I could only get into shoes I would look great, once all my clothes fit again that is. :) I am hoping by September I will look decent so I can have fun in Jamaica and not be all self conscious.

I am calling a night for a bath to finish reading: I am hoping the ending will be good, I am at a good part where I am guessing what will happen next because what just happened I wasn't expecting at all! :) I love a good book! Once I finish this then I can catch up on reading my Reader's Digests & Health magazines.

One last thing, if you or someone you know has kids I just read today that Imagine It! (Atlanta's Children's museum) is free the 2nd Tuesday of every month!

2 comments:

Lennye said...

Let me know how you like the book. I've seen it at the bookstore and wondered if it was that Lifetime movie the other day.

K2daK said...

It is a good book, kind of predictable but a good quick read. It is a Lifetime movie and I tried to watch it the night it came out, but in the first 10 minutes there were so many differences that I thought needed to be in the movie that I couldn't bare to watch it anymore. I can get it your way if you want, I am borrowing it from someone so you would just have to give it back. :)