I have a new respect for moms who are taking college classes, I am taking some classes to keep current on my certificate and it is time consuming. These are only 10 hour courses that seem to take way longer. I just don't know many people that have time to sit for well over 2 hours to answer questions and listen to lectures for one section. So this brings me to moms who do online courses and actually go to a classroom, they must be master schedulers and I tip my hat in their direction. I have managed to enjoy sitting in front of the computer for the simple fact I can do it in my pj's and drink my coffee and water, I can start and stop as potty breaks are needed or as the phone rings, and squeeze some part of the class during nap time. The part that makes me feel good is I started the 7th and will be finished by Sunday when I leave for Dacula for the week...then I will have another course to knock out. I actually have learned some stuff so it makes it worthwhile and I have written down 3 books I would like to read.
I must be losing my mind slowly but surely, here is some evidence:
A couple of months ago my sister called and asked if I could watch the girls the last week of June, we had much conversation as to which was the last week of June the 23rd or the 30th and she assured me it was the 23rd, so I wrote it on the calendar. Then I discussed with Natalie not too long after that how we would be out of town the same week so it wouldn't be so bad that I couldn't talk to her for a whole week, she is going to Orlando the week of the 23rd. Now my friend Ashley is having surgery the 30th and needs me to help out with her kids, I told her that I wished I could help her out, but I will be with my sister's kids that week-maybe I could come by in the afternoons to do dinner. (We had this discussion shortly after the two above). So last weekend we were celebrating MoJo's 12th birthday and I said what time to do I need to be here on the 30th? My sister said, the 30th? You mean the 23rd? I said, no the 30th that is when I am watching the girls. She said no you are watching them the 23rd, I said, oh well it doesn't really matter, good thing I mentioned it, what time do I need to be here on the 23rd then? So on Tuesday I was bending over to take the dog out and laughed very hard when I saw on the calendar it is clearly written that I have the girls the week of the 23rd. CRAZY GIRL!
Okay, to continue on in my losing my mind issues:
I totally lost a bottle on Wednesday. The fat kid had 4 oz. left in a bottle and I KNOW I put it in the fridge because formula is expensive and I try not to waste a drop when at all possible. So Nick was going to feed the fat kid the rest of his bottle a little later on in the day....I couldn't find the bottle. We looked in the fridge, by the chair, the couch, the bedrooms, the bathrooms, the dog's cage (she's been known to eat bottles), kitchen, laundry room, every place, no bottle. I assured Nick that I know I saved it, I know I didn't throw it out. We never found it so I just made a fresh one. About 2 hours later I was making dinner and went to get the spinach out of the freezer and guess what was in there? Yep, the bottle-WHO DOES THAT? Who is so distracted that they put the bottle in the freezer? So that formula was wasted after all.
Another example:
It is Wednesday night and I have a sudden panicked thought, I am missing a get together. No, today is only Wednesday, tomorrow night is the get together. So Thursday night at 6ish I am putting the fat kid to sleep, Nick is reading #1 a book, and my house phone rings, then my cell phone, it is Natalie. "I forgot!" I say. She says,"Did you forget about us? We are thinking you don't like us anymore?" I say, "I am so sorry!!! I completely forgot!" Yeah, I was supposed to be at Natalie's house looking at one of the cutest puppies in the world with 3 of the most wonderful women I know. I felt like a total flake.
Today I was looking at an educational magazine and it said "CVC Word Chart" and I was like, what is that? Is that the company's name? Oh look they have CVC cards too, that is great, what in the world is CVC? Then I looked at one of the cards, it said hen, then it came to me: consonant, vowel, consonant.
Pretty clear I am losing it!
So, I cheated on my no sweets, I had a strawberry roll-it was GOOD! But I am not upset by my slip up because it didn't throw me completely off like it would have a month ago. I just have done awesome since then. (This was last week). Pretty excited about my tummy the past few days, it looks like it might be going down...the scale hasn't but maybe it will have to physically change first before I see it on the scale. So I am still sitting at 196, still not going to give up! Nick & #1 had milkshakes from Chic-fil-A yesterday, I could've finished #1's but I didn't and Nick got fries too!! Torture pure torture!
Just a little funny:
"Can you read this to me?"
"Not right now, I am about to feed #2."
"I can read it. Listen to me!"
"Read it, I am listening."
"This is the daddy dragonfly, and this is the mommy."
"Let's count them, what number is this? It will tell you how many should be on the page."
"LISTEN TO ME!! DON'T INTERRUPT! I AM READING AND YOU ARE INTERRUPTING! LISTEN TO ME READ! THIS IS THE DADDY..."
(me laughing)
"STOP LAUGHING IT ISN'T FUNNY! LISTEN TO ME READ!"
"It is so funny you won't understand until you become a daddy, like that dragonfly."
"Mommy, please don't laugh, this is serious."
(me trying really hard not to laugh)
"Go ahead and read it to me, I am listening and I am sorry I interrupted your story."
I had to laugh because we are all the time saying, "You need to listen"; "Don't interrupt when two adults are talking"; I guess it is working! :)
One more story about #1:
#2 started crawling on the 17th, he started army crawling on the 14th but started the wobbly on all fours crawl on the 17th.
#1, #2, and I were in #2's room on the 17th:
"Now that #2 is crawling we will all have to be careful what we leave on the floor. #1 you can't keep your little cars on the floor anymore because if #2 gets it the wheel could fall off and he could choke. You can't leave money on the floor either because he could choke on the coins, no more pennies and stuff on the floor. Also, don't leave anything paper on the floor, he can choke on that too, and we don't want him to choke."
"Mommy, you have to make sure there are no tissues on the floor."
"You are right, let's make sure we keep small stuff & tissues off the floor. It wouldn't be good if #2 choked."
"Mommy, I understand and I hear you."
"You understand? That's great! What did I just say?"
(he repeated everything we talked about)
"Buddy, that is great!! I am so proud of you, and thank you for letting me know you understood!"
I didn't know what to say after that, I just hugged him and kissed him. I was in complete shock that he said that, he said it like he was proud too, he said Mommy I understand and hear you like he knew that was coming. His dad often asks if he understands and he asks if hears him often, I guess #1 didn't want to hear all of that again. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment