Sunday, June 22, 2008

Blogcation

I will be on blogcation for the next week, I will be hanging out with the three most beautiful under 20 crowd I know for the week. I hope that watching the girls this week will start a new tradition that Aunt KK will get to watch them one week out of each summer until they are all old enough to take care of themselves...which scary enough won't be that many summers, maybe they will invite me to hang out anyway. :)

Before the blogcation starts one sweet thing happened today and I can't keep it to myself. Today at church we found out that a couple who is pregnant is having some issues, the baby is having some issues, she is about 7 months along and they have wanted this baby and been so excited about the arrival. Rhino attends the staff daycare with their 2 year old and they have had some miscarriages and other issues before the current pregnancy. Anyway, we volunteered to fast & pray July 18 & 24 for the baby. Out Pastor asked that someone takes a day from the 23rd of June until July 24 the next appointment to fast from 6-6 or however we see fit, but for sure to be in prayer for this wonderful family. So the sweet moment happened tonight when Nick was putting Rhino to bed, we do two prayers every night the traditional now I lay me down to sleep, then the Dear God prayer where we pray for friends, family, and thank God for our house & the church (& school), Nick while he is at work, and whatever else Rhino wants to pray for which has ranged from his Cars blanket to random things like ants. I don't normally listen in but tonight I heard the statement, "You know his mommy has a baby in her belly." and I had to turn down the t.v. and I heard the following from my husband's mouth, "You know B is expecting a baby brother or sister, remember how excited you were before the fat kid was born and we didn't know if you were having a baby brother or sister, well B's new baby in his mommy's belly is sick and we need to pray that it is born and that it is healthy." Why is that so special? Sometimes I tell Nick pray for this pray for that with Rhino tonight, but I didn't even think about it and here is furthering our sons education on how to be selfless. It just meant a lot to me, more than I can write I guess because I am struggling for words, which is rare, and I can't convey exactly what it meant-other than a lot. So if you pray please pray for the baby and if you don't pray, now is a great time to start. :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Awww... what a great post! I will keep your friends in my prayers too. Have a great time with those girls next week! :-)