Saturday, June 14, 2008

100 Things About Me

1. I love cereal, it is my most favorite thing to eat in the whole world. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch, & dinner. I have always loved cereal even as a kid & in college it got worse. In our house growing up you could only open one box at a time, so you had to eat a whole box before you could get to the next toy!! In college I would buy 5 or 6 boxes and have all of them open the next day, my roommate always made fun of me.

2. I love most 90's music, I love almost all of it: rap, alternative, country, techno, rock, pop.

3. I love the FreeCreditReport.com commercials, I will stop what I am doing to watch them...something about the way the guy sings them. I am big on the way someone sings, that is one of the reasons I am a huge Matchbox Twenty fan.

4. I am a huge Matchbox Twenty fan, I traveled to N.C. for the evening one time in college to a concert because there was no ATL date.

5. I love to listen to the Dave Matthews Band, my friend keeps me stocked in the live albums. I also love to watch Dave sing.

6. I have been and probably always will be unhappy with my body, it is a constant pursuit, but right now even more so than normal.

7. I LOVE ice cream, I am not too picky about what kind but I won't do nuts in my ice cream, I won't do nuts in anything.

8. I don't like nuts, any kind.

9. I sometimes think I have a computer addiction, mainly e-mail, but I love to download pictures to share.

10. I love my husband more than he will ever understand.

11. I hate to clean the bathroom.

12. I don't mind the act of doing laundry, I don't mind carrying it to the washing machine and switching from the washer to the dryer, I don't even mind folding it or putting it up, but I would rather not do it all. I wish someone could fold it for me and I would put it up or I could fold it and someone else put it up.

13. I really enjoying sitting down to feed the fat kid when no one else is home or up. It is such a special time, he is my last baby, he is already 6 months old, it is going by too quickly.

14. I love to get massages, firm massages. Nick gives a good massage I always tell him that he missed his calling.

15. I like to look at Nick's butt, a lot, it doesn't matter if it is through his clothes or right after a shower, to me it is almost perfect.

16. I think my husband and children have the most beautiful eyes.

17. I love my job!

18. I like to sing, I can't sing, but I do love to do it.

19. I never sing a song the correct way, for some reason (I blame my mom) I rarely get the words right.

20. My high school years were pretty good, but I LOVED my college years.

21. I have to remind myself to embrace where I am at in life because one day I will miss where I am at right now.

22. I worry about putting the boys through college, how much will it be by then?

23. I wish our house had at least 2 more bedrooms.

24. I love to take pictures.

25. One day I would like to see all of America, all the touristy stuff and not so touristy stuff, I would rather see all of the U.S. than leave the country.

26. I like to read whenever possible.

27. I don't have dedicated t.v. nights like most people. There is really nothing on that I HAVE to see.

28. I think we have the best dog in the world.

29. I cherish my friendships.

30. I don't like fish, I try it often, but I just can't like it.

31. I love romantic comedies, my favorite movie is When Harry Met Sally, next would have to be Mad Love...although that isn't a romantic comedy.

32. I don't have a favorite actor or actress.

33. I pray about 50 times a day, I heard once that if you think of someone you should pray for them, so I spend a good part of my day praying for other people-at random times too.

34. I want to be more involved in our church, I am waiting on our clinic to open & for the unwed mother's home to open. (unwed mother's home will be a little bit longer)

35. I would love to go to the Crayola factory & Kellogg Town.

36. I love Nick's schedule it allows us to all be together a lot.

37. I would rather hang out with Nick than go shopping any day.

38. I wish we had an indoor mall close by, I miss malls.

39. I have a secret desire to redecorate our whole house, not so much wall colors, but pictures and "stuff". However, I would LOVE to gut our bathroom and redo the whole thing including the walls.

40. I have never been to a strip club and I have no desire to ever go to one.

41. I get great entertainment going to the gym.

42. I don't carry a purse, I never really have, I just see them as a hassle. When I did carry a purse I usually just pulled my license and debit card out of it wherever I went, so it was kind of pointless to carry a purse.

43. I try to compliment people, I know it makes me feel good, so I try to do it for others.

44. No matter how involved I get in church I still like rock & alternative music.

45. Since I have gotten involved with church I have fallen in love with Christian music, you can usually get into my car and find 93.3 on, but in the house see #44.

46. I have a great love for my parents. I absolutely love them both with all my heart and admire both of them for different reasons. I couldn't imagine life without them and I wouldn't' change one thing about my life when it comes to my parents-past or present.

47. I wouldn't change anything about my life now, I think through each experience you grow & learn.

48. I love quotes!

49. One day I want breakfast in bed, a good breakfast!

50. I have found that I love cupcakes!

51. I don't wear heels very much because in college I dropped a weight on my toe and broke it, so now my toe hurts when I wear heels.

52. I don't really like going to weddings, I would rather go to a birthday party.

53. I love to surprise people with small gifts & cards.

54. I have only been to 5 funerals, one for a good friend in high school, one for a boyfriend's uncle who was suddenly killed in a yard accident, and one for my cousin, one for my great grandma-I miss her still, one for Nick's co-worker. I have been to many viewings.

55. I don't read forwards, but I will look at picture forwards.

56. Watching horror movies never bothered me until I had a child, now I don't care for them.

57. I have a secret fear, I think about it daily, I don't obsess about it, but I do think about it.

58. I am not a good speller, I love automatic spell check and dictionary.com.

59. I used to take my roommate's Fudge Rounds and leave her money on her bed for them, she would laugh at me, I would NEVER take the last one.

60. My friend and I used to send each other a box of Christmas Tree Snack Cakes during the Christmas season, but she gave up sweets last year, so we no longer do that.

61. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas. Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year, I love buying gifts for kids that aren't going to get gifts. I love getting an angel off a tree and going crazy, I would rather buy gifts for kids than adults because I think Christmas is for kids. Christmas has this feeling, I don't know how to describe it, but I get it when I am shopping and I love it!

62. Christmas shopping with Nick is fun, but stressful he is a get in and get it done kind of person, where I want to take my time. I like his motivation to get it done and get it done early, then I get to wrap it all and look at all the presents under the tree.

63. I want to write children's books.

64. I want to co-write a book with my friend titled, "What NOT to Do When You Become A Mother-in-law." I think it would be a best seller.

65. I don't like buying presents for Nick's dad, my dad, or Nick's step-family. That is mean isn't it, they are all very hard to buy for it is too much pressure!

66. I have taken to mopping our kitchen floors on my hands & knees.

67. If I could I would decorate a whole room in family photos, mainly of the kids.

68. I used to have a jacket obsession growing up, even in high school, but now I rarely wear one.

69. My two boys will be my only children. I don't care to have any more kids, it was hard getting pregnant and I liked being pregnant, but I want to watch the two I have grow up and be successful.

70. I admire those moms who work, go to school, manage the house, and still manage to be excellent mothers.

71. One of the best concerts I ever went to was Jimmy Buffet, back before I was legal.

72. I could never run for anything too important there are WAY too many pictures from college to "come and get me."

73. I could be a student full time and love every second of it.

74. I have self doubt when it comes to being a mother, but who doesn't?

75. I like shrimp & lobster.

76. I think the only thing summer is good for is the beach when you are on vacation and a few swimming days, other than that I am over it.

77. I like being in the mountains more than any other place. It is peaceful to me.

78. I hope that Nick and I are still together and happy in 50 years.

79. I look forward to having grandchildren, a lot of grandchildren.

80. I like Jane's Addiction & Alice in Chains....always have and always will. I must have a thing for bands with girl's names in them. :)

81. I love the Foo Fighters but not many people know that.

82. I think Sleep Number beds are a crock, I tried sleeping on one for a week and I never got any sleep.

83. I watch infomercials a little more than I should.

84. I once had a friendship that worked best when we communicated through songs, I would tell him about a song and he would tell me about another, we would discuss music, songs & their meanings. We aren't friends anymore because one song said something about being in love...I didn't feel the same. We tried to be friends, even after I got married and had #1, but he still wanted more-I didn't-I have what I want.

85. One day I want to give someone a "bouquet of sharpened pencils" because of that movie You've Got Mail, I think it would be neat.

86. I often think of different inventions that would make life easier but I don't know how to sell my ideas.

87. I go back & forth on getting a tattoo, for the last 3 years I haven't wanted one, but sometimes I think that if it really meant something it would be cool.

88. I have a hard time watching Ladder 49 because of Nick's job.

89. In the last year, maybe year and half I have really been working hard not to get caught up in gossip.

90. I believe that everything needs a good bleach scrubbing every now and then.

91. I love breakfast foods, even for dinner.

92. The only website I visit daily is hotmail to check my e-mail.

93. Blogs steal a lot of my time. :)

94. I like meeting new people.

95. I have big & wide feet.

96. The phrase I say the most lately is, "Who does that?"

97. I like to sit on the floor.

98. If I had to choose between a big SUV and my car, I would pick my car.

99. I refuse to watch The Wiggles.

100. I am probably one of few moms who refuse to put a DVD player in her car for kids.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

We have a lot of those 100 things in common...but you lost me on 99 and 100. Love you anyway. ;)

Lennye said...

KE, I wish one of my parents would give me a bouqet of pencils! I think that would be so cool! Also, I've always wanted to see the U.S. I loved reading stories of families who homeschooled their children one year and took them to all 50 states. (Poor Gabe just wants to see the ocean and I can't seem to get it done).