Man, if I had a gold star I would give it to myself! Yesterday one of the cutest kids (besides my own) turned 2 and he had a birthday party. A birthday party ALWAYS includes a cake or in this case a cupcake cake SUPER CUTE! His mom made it a Mickey Mouse cake by putting mouse ears on the cake and they held the candle, that girl is one crafty girl! Anyway, cake we are talking cake! I did enjoy a Coke, today (Sunday) is the last day of Cokes so I had to enjoy (speaking of which I hear one calling my name right now...gotta enjoy it while I can). Back to cake, I had to peel Rhino's paper off his cupcake for him and I didn't lick my fingers and I had a really, really hard time throwing away a cupcake that wasn't really eaten, he ate a majority of the frosting but didn't eat much else besides the HOMEMADE ICE CREAM. My friend has a pretty awesome father in law that makes some good eats, I can't tell you if his ice cream is good because once again I didn't eat it. Talk about temptation!! Seriously, if I had a gold star I would proudly display it on my t-shirt. I can't ruin 8 days, 8 days I don't think I have ever avoided something sweet this long.
At the party I also picked out the smallest hamburger and got one scoop of potato salad, cole slaw, and baked beans, then I only put 6 (yes I counted) chips on my plate. I was still hungry, I have been hungry a lot lately, but I didn't eat any more...until I got home then I had a small bowl of cereal.
So for tomorrow June 9th no Cokes and only one bowl of cereal a day, no matter how good it is for me, I have switched to not as sugary or as I like to call it Plain Jane cereal. Cokes won't be that hard to give up, cereal on the other hand...that is going to be tough, possibly tougher than sweets.
1 comment:
You know the best thing I found to drink that made me forget Cokes was LeCrouix Flavored Water. It had the fizz, however, I can't find it in the bottles anywhere. I was going to be healthy for awhile, but the Diet Dr. Pepper won out! Also, nuts and chips!!! Hang in there! It will get better.
Post a Comment