Busy & sick. :)
Maggie=catching a urine sample this morning...that was fun, have you ever had to get under dog while she is peeing to catch her urine? This totally freaked her out that A.) I was so close to her while she did her thing and B.) was hard because every time I got close to Maggie she would stop her flow and move to another place. I am SURE the neighbors got a good laugh out of me chasing the dog with the cup and Rhino laughing and chasing after us in his black Spiderman costume with cowboy boots.
Roo=trying to prepare for birthday party-sick with cold possible allergies-throwing up sick as of this morning and wants nothing more than for mommy to hold him, which would be okay if I didn't have two boys that need me-funny because even though he doesn't even want to eat (that is HUGE) he is still absolutely killing me with his ways-cutting two teeth in addition to being sick with a cold/allergies and throw up-doctor's appointment yesterday-good-no shots have to reschedule those-25 lbs. and 30 inches=big kid. Small victory won at the doctor's office, finally got a referral for an allergists, eight months & two doctors later we finally win this battle...for now.
Rhino=wonderfully great but missing school, one day he will actually sleep in on breaks and enjoy his vacation rather than waking up at 5:45. Doctor's appointment=30 lbs. and 36 inches...killing me in his Spiderman costumes now accompanied with cowboy boots.
Nick=still fighting sinus mess, but wonderful, and never wants to miss a night in the hot tub because that is OUR time, even when it is pouring down rain I have to say no and reorganize the closet instead.
LAST WEEKEND-not the one we just had:
The truck died on 85S and the first thing that pops into my head besides pull over quickly, "Stranded at the Drive In" from Greece. Crazy I know. We had a truck full of gifts including our killer deal on a kitchen set for the boys (it has a grill too!), luckily a tow truck was covered to my parents' house thanks to Allstate roadside hazard insurance, $6 part fixed the problem, a dad that couldn't sleep was able to pick us up, both boys weren't with us (one with my mom and dad, the other with Nick's dad), mom got up and placed new toothbrushes on the counter for us and all was well and we had clean teeth.
THIS WEEKEND:
All was well, Sunday I was sick and Nick couldn't come home because the county was short on Medics...life of a firefighter's wife...this is the 2nd time this has happened in the last 6 months, I survived all is well.
Dad dropped off his old truck for us to use until we can buy a new car or afford to fix mine, "Keep it until you don't need it anymore, a week, six months, two years, it doesn't matter." Reminding me that is the one person I don't argue with when he says he is going to do something-he wants to do it, so I don't argue. I am thankful for the extra ride because the Mazda just can't handle much more until we get it fixed plus it is awesome to have heat again. :) Also, a nice reminder that my mom & dad still love to feel that they need to take care of me, I am okay with that, it has taken a while to be okay with it, but I am okay with it now.
Limited time to blog, still have to take a picture of my favorite part of the tree...will do. :) Happy Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
OH MY GOD...the oldest kid is 30lbs and the one who isn't even officially one year old is 25lbs...TOO FUNNY. Roo needs that threadless shirt that has the muffin on it that says "Ah munna eat choo!" And he can wear it and chase after Rhino while he's wearing his spidey costume and boots! :)
Post a Comment