Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It all started with this:
I got this text message Monday morning while I was at the doctor with Roo. It said: "Ryan drew this man." I wrote back: "Yeah right" Nick wrote back: "He really did! I just helped with the suggestion of the pupils, but he put them there." I wrote back: "I don't believe you." Then yesterday morning while I was holding the sickly Roo, homeboy broke out not one but three men. I was shocked and amazed.

Yesterday, I almost fell out of the chair with this:We were typing a thank you card for the little boy next door that randomly showed up last week with 6 cupcakes he made for Rhino. I thought it was rather sweet and deserved a thank you card. We prowled the Internet to find a card Rhino liked, he picked out a football one. Then I said you need to sign your name here pointing under the "Thank you". He busted out his name, I helped with the "n", but the rest is all him. I was so happy, I literally almost fell out of my chair when I looked down to see what he did. I was just told last month that he wasn't ready to write and shows no interest in the writing lessons, to which I said, really? He always wants to write at home, he can trace lines but he doesn't write letters yet. I am really surprised to hear you say he isn't ready to write. But looks like the teacher missed this one. Truly exciting and shocking.

Today I was talking to my sister on the phone and Rhino said, "Mom, it is stuck!" so I turned my head just right and said, "I don't think anyone's kid has ever done this before. I will call you back later." I snapped this picture with my camera phone and then texted it to my sister a few other people because it just made me laugh. I popped that vent right out of the floor and told Rhino that was very creative, but he doesn't need to do it again because the crayons can fall through and we won't be able to get them. He said, like the green & brown one? Yeah, like the green & brown one that I can't see...makes me wonder will this be the thing that breaks the $5,000.00 unit we just put in? HA! I hope not!

This week has been fun at home with the kids, even with the sickness, I haven't gotten one thing done really, but it is more about family than getting the other stuff done. This week has been a good reminder that yes, he is almost 37 months, three years old and almost one month...my how time has flown. (Monkey, you know you like that he did this and that he almost has a color scheme going).

3 comments:

Monkey said...

Oh how I love the crayons lined up liked that...however this is because I don't have a $5,000 brand new unit that could get destroyed. :) So, I can appreciate it from afar! ha. He needs to come hang out with us some so I can teach him how to put them in ROYGBIV order and then he'll REALLY blow your mind!! And then maybe he'll even organize his closet that way one day too. :) This kid needs to come to Monkeybean mansion more often and we'll have Art time together. I LOVE this kid!! His picture rocks....better than some of my first graders.

krista said...

i lovelovelove that you are so proud of his creativity and not the parent that freaks out when he puts wax into the vent that could seriously harm it.
no that i thought you would be the type to freak out. but you know what i mean.

Natalie said...

Okay, I give our friendship like five more years. Why? Because I can't be around an 8-yr-old who is WAY smarter than me.
:)
That kid--wow.