Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tonight I Will...

1. Not try to think about reorganizing my room even as I sit in it.
2. Watch "The Dead Poets Society" while grading papers and read this blog one more time before starting my own school work-grading, averaging, & completing report cards.
3. I will remember as I grade papers and read their wonderful writing that only 18 short weeks ago they barely knew how to think to write a story, and now here they are pushing beyond their limits.
4. I will think of a way to teach word choice without a single thesaurus for my students to use.
5. I will not think about how much sleep I am not getting but relish in the fact that tomorrow will come bright and early with two of the most wonderful people in the world to greet me with it.
6. I will not think about the fact there will be no coffee in the morning, but instead will think about a hot cup of tea instead.
7. I will look forward to lunch with my sister tomorrow at noon, we don't get enough one on one time.
8. I will watch "When Harry Met Sally" if there is time, which there will be time, and I will enjoy every second of watching it.
9. I will try not to be distracted by the lull of the Internet. :) -not likely to happen
10. Lastly, I will listen to new Monkey music. SCORE!

1 comment:

Monkey said...

Oh how I hope you got to number 10 on your list! :) I'm so loving what you wrote about Rhino's comments in Walmart and his full tummy...that my friend is true greatness...makes me want to go out and get me a three year old---for a few days at least! :) Or since you have one I know I love, I could just borrow yours for a while and return once throw up or runny noses occurred! I think that Rhino and I could get into some serious trouble, and by trouble I mean FUN...oh the dancing and tunes we could bust out to somebody completely unexpected. And he and I should TOTALLY work on our BLUE 32's for the next time we're around Sarah. ;) She'd much appreciate it, I just know it!

Tell him Gunter asks him what his favorite color is and when can I come over to show him how to properly organize his closet and paint some more? Oh and ZiggityPOW.