Tuesday, September 30, 2008
When Mom Is Away...
I was going to show you a picture of what happens when I take a week off from sweeping & mopping the floors...but that picture turned out blurry...not sure why. Take it from me, it was gross, it was just from the kitchen too! There are some things I do nightly, bathe the kids, clean the toilet while they play, under the toilet, piping leading to the toilet, the slight gap between the floor & toilet by running a washcloth or paper towel under it, around the screws, the lid, you get the idea-I also clean around the highchair, the floor that is, because let's face 9 months is not the time to teach neatness while eating. Last night I got home (more to come later) and I was giving the boys a bath (talk about a welcome back to reality-get home at 5:30 do baths by 6:30 kids in bed at 7:00) and I was sitting on the toilet going, man it stinks in here, man it stinks in here before I actually voice, it really stinks in here at which time I am informed the toilet hasn't been cleaned since Thursday night. Now the toilet not being cleaned for four days isn't a big deal in most homes, but in our house in that bathroom this is a huge obviously stinky deal-I was tired the toilet went another night without being cleaned. Have no fear it is C-L-E-A-N now. So tonight after a rather eventful dinner with Roo including real bananas instead of jarred bananas there was a lot to clean up...as I cleaned I looked at the paper towel-it turned my stomach. After the boys went to bed I swept the floors-gross-felt nauseous and then proceeded to mop them. I feel a little better now-tomorrow night I will tackle the kitchen counters & our bathroom. My other thought as I was sweeping up & taking a blurry picture of the mess in the kitchen is my husband had his family over this weekend while I was gone-another stomach churn. All will be well and clean soon. Very soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you're back, hope you had a fun trip...hope to hear all about it soon! Sorry your house made you want to gag...I'm sure you've whipped it into shape real quickly!
Post a Comment