Sunday, September 7, 2008

Growing Stronger

I have been pretty private about a lot of things, especially some parenthood things, but I had a "funny" thought today. I was looking at Nick and I thought: We are going through some things, we are going through some stuff that tear marriages to pieces in an instant. We are leaning on each other more than ever, we are sharing, we are sharing our feelings, we are going through such a tough time and here we are closer than ever, wanting each other more and more (not like that), I miss him every 3rd day when he shares himself with the county. I never thought that stuff like this could bring us closer, it is supposed to drive us apart not bring us closer. I asked him randomly today that if he could go back and re-do us would he, he said no way, I said do you feel as close to me as I feel to you, like this insane almost overwhelming need, a I need you need, I am glad you are here, I am glad I have you to talk to, confide in, my best friend, my best friend the one I can trust the most tell my inner most horrible thoughts-usually to find out you feel the exact same way, it makes it feel less lonely, it makes it feel okay, it makes all of this easier as hard as it is to know that you are there to experience it all with me and it is bringing us closer together and not ripping us apart. All he said was, "Exactly." So it isn't a funny thought, but it is a funny how life got us here thought.

Today, Rhino was painting and got very excited, excited doesn't begin to explain his voice, his eyes lit up and he was running to me with paint in his hand, do you see it mommy?
"Do you see this orange?"
"Yes, I see it!"
"Do you see this orange, it is different, it is a different orange, I never realized that before, did you?"
"No, I have never noticed that before but I am glad you have taken time to notice."
"Don't go anywhere, I will be right back, right back mommy. LOOK!! Do you see this orange? Do you? It is different because I mixed it with this brown but it is still orange!!"
To get that excited over orange he must know this girl. I was impressed with the quick painting he did, but more impressed that my 2 year old just used the word realized and used it correctly.
Roo, man that kid is so happy, I have never seen such a happy kid! Fat, yes, but this happy, no way! Today we went to the flea market just to check it out and countless people made comments on how happy he was, cute, fat, & happy who could ask for anything more?

Lesson plans anyone? That is in order for the night.

3 comments:

Monkey said...

Hey I was checking out my blog analysis to see who is linking/etc...and see that you have linked to my blog! You have a blog...why didn't you tell us? Are you wanting to be incognito or would like comments maybe?

There's not many people that get that excited over orange...I'm pretty stoked that Rhino enjoys it that much AND that he's mixing colors to make new colors already. He's so smart.

On the other stuff, there just must be so much I don't know about what's going on in your life. Whatever it all is, I'm glad it is bringing you and Nick together and not apart. I'm glad that you guys are one of those couples that back each other up. You deserve that.

krista said...

it's inspiring to read about people in a relationship choosing to do the work, believing it is worth it and willing to fight for it.
and i am morbidly curious so, of course i want more details but since this isn't a novel, it's your life, i'll take the vague :-)

K2daK said...

monkey, you want details? Hmmm...can you wait until I don't know say the end of the month..I am SURE I will be ready to tell all. :)