Other than feeling kind of crappy all day and visiting the toilet multiple times, today was a good one. Dinner was obviously very good for Roo today:




I mailed out a letter to family asking them to buy Rhino's $10 raffle tickets for a chance to win $1,000 in gas at a gas station of their choice. It is the first of four fundraisers! :( Well today I get this letter from my uncle who we mail pictures to religiously but I haven't seen him in 5.5 years, not since I got married.
Dear K.B.,
Sorry so late in writing to thank you for the pictures of those beautiful boys. What a pair!
We sold our hides last week and have some to spare. Possum-n-coon (Hides, not stew) brought good. I was gonna just send hides but shipping was ridiculous so we'll send a check. Don't feel bad 'bout having to send yer kids to an Italian school; our kids went to a mostly African school. If Rhino keeps thriving he'll get out of the lower class. One thing, Ms. Mylinda can use her last name outside of AA meetings. Those Italians are bad to drink but AA sure did turn me around.
*The rest is about his kid. *I copied his letter exactly and grew up in a different time and in a different area of the country so the African school thing is not my point of view.
But seriously, isn't that a hoot? I laughed and laughed and then let my jaw drop when I saw that the check wasn't for $10 but $50. :) SCORE!
Now to be fair some pictures of Rhino coloring yesterday, he is pointing out each person's parrot:

2 comments:
Roo eating = YIKES! I'm thinking that kid had to go outside and get hosed instead of a bath. :)
ps...Might you ask Roo if he wants a painting similar to Rhino's with the colors of his future surfboard esque room? If he passes that is quite alright, but since Rhino got one for his first birthday, I wanted to give Roo the option. :)
i have such a soft spot for babes covered in food. food is passion and i love it when they're still young enough for it to be okay to use all of their senses in experiencing food. as an adult, it's not really apprpriate at all to smear yourself with sweet potatoes or carrots.
Post a Comment