Friday, July 11, 2008

It's Friday

When is the last time you vacuumed your stove? I vacuumed mine tonight! Actually this is the very first time I have vacuumed my stove, but when you are cooking dinner and spill the oatmeal you have to get it up very quickly, so I sucked it right up! Tonight's dinner was a very fun combination of breakfast items. We had some left over yeast rolls from a yummy protein packed dinner last night (yeast rolls have 2 per roll) and I wanted to use them up, so I made a french toast bake. YUM! Nick only saw the fruit on the table and the oatmeal cooking and he said, "Fruit and oatmeal for dinner? Seriously?" and I said, "If you you don't like what I make for dinner you can make something else, it won't hurt my feelings at all." Then I said, "There is something else in the oven, I had to make something "good" to balance out the meal." So I served dinner and he was like, "What is that?" I said, "Just try it!" and then the next thing said was this, "That is really good! This tastes like cinnamon rolls, what is it?" Then a little later, "That was a good dinner babe!" Never doubt the master...well the master in this house anyway. Yeah, it was an unusual dinner but I have been wanting to try to make a french toast bake and I had rolls that needed to be used so I went for it!

The doctor ordered some blood tests today and I got the results (gotta love Kaiser) but not one covered my thyroid-cholesterol= good; blood counts= good; blood sugar= good; everything else except weight and mood swings=good. So I am not sure if they actually tested my thyroid like she said or if it just hasn't posted yet. Will let you know more when I do. In the mean time, my wonderful sister has agreed to start training for a 15K with me...that is over 9 miles folks, but I am going to do it. Training with no excuses starts Sunday, maybe Monday. The race is in November...I am a little excited.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow - good for you and the 15k! Which one are y'all doing?