Everyday #1 says something that either makes me laugh or floors me. He is currently in Science Camp and on Tuesday they did something fun & exciting, the teacher was on the phone as we were leaving so she didn't get to tell me. #1 said, "Ms. Kathi let me put marbles down the sink." I said, "Ms. Kathi let you put marbles down the sink?" #1 said, "It was FUN mom!" On the rest of the drive home I am fully anticipating a phone call from Ms. Kathi informing I owe a plumber a lot of money. So Wednesday when I drop him off I said, "Did you let #1 put marbles down the sink yesterday? He said you let him." She said, "Goodness no! We are doing science experiments this week." I said, "I know that is why we put him in science camp." (with a smile not at all hateful) and she said, "Yesterday I pulled each child to go over what would float and what would sink, and marbles sink." I said, "That makes so much sense!" I was so relieved to know we wouldn't have to pay the plumber's bill.
So today as we were pulling in our driveway from checking a friend's mail he said, "Mommy, aren't you going to check the black mail?" I died laughing at this, because our mailbox is black he doesn't know what blackmail is, but it sure was funny! He followed this statement with, "I love A so much." (his little friend) I wondered if he was blackmailing his little friend. HA!!
My friend overheard an elderly couple at her work have this conversation: "You know I am not perfect, but I am perfect for you." and he said, "I know you are perfect for me and I am not perfect either but I am perfect for you." We thought that was sweet.
One last thing, #2 can't talk but tonight as he should've been sleeping I slipped in to see what he was doing and where his pacifier was (because he was "talking") and he looks at me and just smiles and smiles and giggles with that pacifier in his mouth, which makes me think, don't smile at me you little cute thing because you should be asleep! He is TOO cute and will be charming some woman in the future. Right after that #1 pops out (I swear they have cameras because if one is awake the other one is too, when one gets up so does the other one) and so sweetly looks at me and says, "I love you mommy." and I think you cute little booger get back in bed. Two cute kids can make a rough afternoon a sweet one!
No comments:
Post a Comment