Thursday, October 30, 2008

Too much...too much

I'm still in that too much to do mode. :)

I did manage to take Rhino shopping for his teacher's birthday gift...being a teacher myself I had to steer him away from the candles, dish towels, & anything with flowers on it. We ended up buying flowers & and gift card. I figure you can buy what you want, personal or for work. Ryan loves to give flowers, he has a thing for flowers, so I let him buy them for his teachers/care givers whenever he thinks about it, he likes to pick them out and then give the flowers, it makes him happy & makes them feel special, everyone wins. :)
He picked out the yellow flowers over the roses, he picked out the cylinder vase-he can tell you that-and he picked out the free card to go with it. I walked away and he flipped! I missed the part where I was also supposed to grab the white flowers. I said you want white flowers instead? No, I want TWO flowers (2 fingers held up as well). Two flowers or two colors? Mom! TWO bags of flowers, yellow & white! So I pushed that cart over to the white flowers and picked out the ones that looked the least dead and paid my $2.50 for gonna die soon white flowers, but it is his gift. Long story short, Rhino picked the flowers, vase, ribbon, & gift card...so it is a little mismatched. Here are some pictures: I cut down the middle flowers because after looking at them while washing dishes I decided they were just too tall, so it looks a little different.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Girl, I feel your pain. But don't let ANYONE make you second guess your teaching abilities. You are an awesome teacher and I am SO mad that the parents are making you question yourself.

"thedec"--as in, "A cannon is coming, hit thedec!"

krista said...

*sigh*
a little one who already understands that there is no feeling like receiving flowers.
so so sweet.

Lennye said...

PRECIOUS!