Today someone told me that I brightened their day (and they weren't even trying to get me in bed!-HA!). That made my day, but it didn't go to my head, I was reminded of what the Queen used to say, "On your worst day, you could be some one's best". I try to keep that in mind, I really love my job, I do, I am happy at work, I like the idea of what I do and I buy into it, I love what I do. This year my parapro is a good one, she is keeping me caught up with papers and stuff. I still do all the grading of writing papers, but she does the morning work and math, it is nice to be able to focus. (I had a great one last year too!) I am excited about this year, most of my kids can read over 80 wpm and we have about 6 that can read over 100 wpm. I was in complete shock and awe today when I finally took the time to count it all up. It has nothing to do with me, I didn't teach them to read, but I am glad they have a passion for reading. I have to remember to grab a box of novels a day to take in, they are hanging out in the garage.
The only down side to today was I had a conversation with someone today and my bubble got a little hole in it. Actually, over the last three weeks I have gotten several holes in my bubble. I am not one to buy into things easily, but in a way I feel slighted and a little cheated with my impressions of people. It is a little deflating when you think you know someone, not like their favorite color, but more like you know their work personality and you find maybe you were all wrong. But on the up side it just reminded me that you can't really trust anyone. I have a few people that I truly trust, fully trust, I know there are very few people I could tell something to and they would keep it to themselves. Maybe it was a friendly reminder not to get too comfortable. I think possibly it was.
2 comments:
I'm drowning in a sea of paper all ready. This year I have a student teacher! I think we are getting a new teacher soon, so class size should go down.
You need to read the "bucket filler" book.
That's sort of the trouble with bubbles - they always pop. Hope it's not too bad & I know it's nothing you can't overcome. SO SO SO glad to hear Rhino is happy at the new school. YAY!
Post a Comment