Thursday, August 7, 2008

Coffee, Music, & Papers

Tonight, I accomplished writing a B.S. paper for a continuing education online class I took to keep up my certification. It took me well over a month to write the paper, it wasn't hard, I was just completely uninspired by the whole thing. Good concept, learned a lot, but seriously I took 5 tests so writing the paper was less than thrilling for me. BUT after coffee #2 I perked right up and was all about getting the paper done, I pulled up Monkey's blog and listened to her music while I wrote which inspired a wonderful bedroom dancing session-felt great-and then hammering out a-not-so-great-I-could-care-less paper (I know I over used the hyphen, but it was fun!) felt good because now that is off my brain.

In college my roommate and I would stay up late, I would make her "coffee" drinks, I say "coffee" because I had to add so much stuff to her drink that in the end I don't think coffee was really in there. :) Anyway, we would stay up late and study, we had our desks in the most awesome set up at one point and to stay awake we would have special singing & dancing sessions along with midnight walks that sometimes would last hours. Good times...good times! Tonight made me remember some really good times, writing papers, studying, writing a paper while getting hammered (got an A), having study groups that turn into parties, singing, singing, dancing, dancing, and more dancing. Good times...great times! That is enough! I am off to bed because it feels WAAAAYYY later than 10:30...a nice reminder that I am approaching 30 with two kids and a full time job. Oh to go to bed at 4 a.m. after a fun filled night of studying and writing papers, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. (Only if I could have this life again that I currently have, because seriously who would want to give up what I have? Two great and not to mention cute kids, and a great looking husband...seriously, who'd give that up?)

No comments: