Thursday, February 17, 2011

New?

How long can something be considered new? I was listening to a radio station yesterday that said it was new, it isn't new, it has been on the air for years. After a trip to Google and the always reliable Wikipedia (blah) I found out this particular radio station started in 2006 in its current format, how is that new? So, here is my question, how long is something considered new?

On a random note....I went to the library yesterday for the first time in years. I had to get a new card, I luckily was still in the system, what a relief! For a new card you must pay two dollars and they take debit card! Can you imagine the library now takes debit card? Let me clarify, that is as long as you have your name on your debit card and not your husband's name. Why that extra information was given to me, I have no idea, I don't wear my wedding band often and wasn't sporting it yesterday. I also was free from my two appendages that are usually attached to my left and right hands and usually people assume you are married upon seeeing them, so why was that information given to me? So, I had an overdue fee of $1.50 sitting there with my information, that was luckily still in the system. I had to ask when these charges occurred, I mean it has been years, they were from 2004. Can I call these new charges? According to the radio I can.

My observation about the library, aren't the people that work there supposed to whisper? The staff at the LG library doesn't know what it means to whisper, but they do have being quiet highlighted on their posted rules. How is that for irony?

Also, if you want to broaden your vocabulary I highly encourage you to go to the library. You can hear the word, "crap" from various staff members. One in the children's section, I can only tell you how pleased I was about that, thankfully said appendages weren't with me.

One last note, today we weighed Nick's Algebra book, it is new to him. New being he got it used. I am really on a roll with the new stuff. So, it weighs 6.4 lbs., yes my friends, as much as a newborn baby. There's something new for you, useless new information. According to the media, new never wears off, so take a look around your house at all your new possessions, even if you have owned them for years.

Have a fantastic day full of new observations.

No comments: