Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Fifteen minutes
On MSN they have something about what happened to America's Next Top Model winners. I didn't click on it, I could care less, but it did give me a thought. Hold on, we are going to go deep. Not really. I just was sitting here thinking many things, first of all, who cares? Really? I don't sit around wondering what happened to so and so from a reality show. Ever. End of story. Second, I was thinking so many people want to get on t.v. and they do really ridiculous things to be seen to get chosen to be on t.v. Again, I wonder, who cares? You will be on the twenty-eighth Survivor show or the one billionth episode of The Bachelor (which I only watched the very first season) where no matter what you do on the show you are one of three very stupid stereotypes: 1. slut 2. nasty mean girl 3. way too "innocent"/push over/PSYCHO. The point of this thought is this; why do you want "that" type of attention to be on t.v. for a short time period, whether it is one season or endless annoying Jersey Shore seasons-stupid, stupid, stupid show, I feel like I lose brain cells just passing by it when channel surfing-who will remember you in five years? They might remember what you did if you do something really stupid, but who will really remember you? If they by chance to remember you, it isn't the real you, it is someone the editors made you out to be, no one really knows you from a t.v. show. More importantly, do you want them to remember you that way? So, you can keep your fifteen minutes of fame. I would rather sit back in my life, the one I get to live daily, no scripts, regular drama (my goodness, can we eat muffins again for dinner tonight?!?) and touch people in real ways. I want to have relationships, real relationships, ones that matter, ones where people think of you for the big things and most importantly for the small things. I want to hope that I made a difference to someone. I don't want to know I made a difference, I want to hope I did. If I do things the way I am supposed to do them, I will do them without want for attention without want for rewards without want for recognition, you just do it because you know it is the right thing to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment