Saturday, March 14, 2009

100th Post

I didn't realize that this would be my 100th post, I need to think of something great & wonderful to say...nothing is coming to mind. Here's a funny story for the books:

Today we will be attending a skate party, I am being brave and taking a three year old skating. So we went shopping for the little girl who is turning four yesterday at the Family Dollar because Ryan wanted to go to Jackson, so it was the Family Dollar, Piggly Wiggly, Ingles, or countless fast food places. We went in looking for coloring books & crayons, Ryan beelined to the girls clothes section. He found a white with red polka dots sundress, very cute and said, "This would look really pretty on her. It would look good with her brown hair." I was impressed because it was a cute dress and at $7 he could buy it for her. (With three parties this month everyone is getting a $15 limit). We looked down every aisle until we found the perfect gifts, Disney Princess markers, 2 coloring books princess themed, Disney Princess sandwich holder, Disney Princess playing cards, Disney Princess water bottle, & a pink bouncy ball. We were off to the register and while waiting in line Ryan is playing with a box. He said, "We should get this for her too mom! It is purple!" Oh yes, purple & black any girl is sure to love it! I am sure her mom would love us giving her

I said, "You know, there will come a day when she will need to buy those, but I don't think four is that age. Actually, honey, there will come a day when you will need to buy those as well, but hopefully not for another 15 years." Oh, it was a great laugh, I had to tell Nick when we got home, part of me wanted to put the condoms in the bag and pay the $2 for something we would never use just to see Nick's expression as we showed him everything $15 could buy!

4 comments:

Lennye said...

Stop! I can't believe that those are down low enough that Rino could get to them. I must be more careful in the dollar store.

Monkey said...

This is too too hilarious! Happy 100th!!

Natalie said...

THAT is the funniest thing ever!!

krista said...

uh oh. i'm hope he's not prophesizing.