Monday, February 16, 2009

Wicked Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKlJU6ehuPU

Still love this song, heard it today for the first time in years and I was thankful I was the only one in the truck so I could turn it up. All the way up!

I love music, I do, I love all types of music. Saturday night we were in Nick's truck and he was flipping stations, each station was a different genre (is that what you call music...variety I guess is more fitting to music) and I sang a section of each song as he flipped with passion, Nick said you really do like a huge variety of music don't you?

Which leads me to a song I texted to my oldest friend this morning...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe9eXEGqi8U

I am not picky, if it sounds good, then I like it.

I listen to Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic" when the mood strikes, I am not sure why I love it so much other than it was in this movie. I remember watching it and the main characters are dancing around in the living room and then this part of the song, the part with a sax (?) hits and I fell in love. I remember I was like ten and it got me and I had to find out about "that song", turns out my dad had it on record, I was hooked.

I could fill about 200 hours of songs that I like and the reasons why I like them, but this might be my most favorite...ever....possibly...it ranks in the top 5 for sure!

3 comments:

Lennye said...

Found this link that shares the history of your all time favorite song!

http://vodpod.com/watch/68581-the-story-behind-american-pie

Monkey said...

Girl, you know I am right there with you and the love for music! I knew you'd think those music players were gone....there's no way I could get rid of those!! Glad you found them down there. :)

Sarah B. B. said...

My dad & I sang American Pie when I was TINY, and I still love the song, especially when you randomly get the full 8-minute version on the radio... It also taught me the word "levee," which I then listed in first grade as an "L" word for a chart my teacher was making. Needless to say, she thought I was weird. :)

*You are one KERIZERY girl!*