A little dance...on the way to pick up the fat kid from the nursery on Friday I ran into one of my parents. She didn't want me to stop to talk to her because I was with another teacher, but I pressed. Did I post about this already? I don't think so...anyway. I asked whatever came with Sylvan, since they just had her tested, and it was like music to my ears, "They found she did have a gap in math, just like you have been saying, things she should've mastered in second grade." Do a little dance, don't make a little love, but YES, YES, YES! It has taken months for me to get them to take her some place, I even quit tutoring her because I was like you have to get her professional help, finally they did it, and I am one happy teacher.
A little jump...we had to take a little jump on the home front this past week. Roo has been sick, sick, sick for the last three weeks, easily the last three weeks and after his allergy test and finding he is allergic to dogs we made a tough decision. Maggie is now living with my parents as of this afternoon, and I thought I would cry, and maybe I will, maybe I know that she is going to be one spoiled & happy dog and that keeps me from crying. We've had her for five years, that is a long time, but you never choose your pets over your children. So the little jump is seeing if this is the ticket to him getting well. We've borrowed the Rainbow to clean, clean, clean this weekend, hopefully it will help him out. What I am afraid we will find out is that Nick will feel better too.
A little hop...nothing to hop about other than we decided on going candy less again this Easter and we are doing a Marvel themed basket for Rhino. We will be hopping at Monkey's for a bunny photo shoot soon, so we'll hop for that. :)
2 comments:
*sigh* my hand on my heart for having to give up your dog. i have had my cat for 11 years and when i was pregnant bryan kept saying that if she didn't deal well with the baby we would have to get rid of her. my reaction was less than open-minded. we never really spoke of it again, relegating it to "bridges to cross later" and thankfully it's not an issue.
although, finn likes to chase cheeto around now and cheeto is none too pleased.
and i'm glad to hear you got some validation on the teaching front...:-)
I don't have to tell you how sad I would be if I had to give up one of these wildebeests over here...so I'm sad for you that you have to send the Magster over to your parents...but if it makes Roo better---then it'll definitely be worth it in the long run. Maybe later on down the road you can get of those hypo-allergenic dogs.
Post a Comment