Atleast that doesn't say he is a wanker, which I am not sure of the actual meaning of that word, but based on the number of movies I have seen based out of the UK, I know it isn't a good thing. I just Googled it, it means "one who masturbates" so one day he will be a winker and a wanker! Today I was folding towels, everyone's favorite thing to do in the whole world, I know you don't have to pretend you don't enjoy folding towels. :) So, I was folding towels and I winked at Andrew and that kid winked back, with both eyes, but none the less he winked back. SO CUTE!
Last night Ryan spent the night with his "grandparents" as he likes to call them, he calls all of them that now, I guess everyone having a different name is too much, he returned today around 11:00 a.m. a much more grown up three year old. After his grandparents left he asked if he had to take a nap, I said yes, after Andrew eats. Do you know what happened next? He said, I have to go potty and five minutes later he came out in his Pull Up and said, "I am going to take my nap now, you don't have to put me to bed, I am going to do it by myself." Well okay, you grew up over night. He did, he put himself down, now it did take an hour for him to actually go to sleep, but he did it all on his own. The funniest part of him coming home today was Nick's dad telling me that Ryan slept until 8:00 a.m. Now, this is unheard of, he always is up before the sun. His dad said he got up at 6 and they told him to go back to sleep, so he did until 8. When he got up he said, "Why are we up? The sun is up, we are supposed to get up before the sun comes up so we can watch it." Funny statement, but it totally explains why he gets up so early, he enjoys watching the sun rise. He does announce it everyday now that I think about it, and on the way to school each morning we do discuss the morning sky, perhaps this is something he will treasure as he grows up and it will always be his thing.
2 comments:
ack! this kind of hurt me. i don't want the babies to grow up!
all of a sudden, my one year old is throwing temper tantrums and walking everywhere and trying to form words and understanding most of what i tell her.
*no!* slow down, babies!
K-
This goes faster than you can even imagine. I remember people telling me that and thinking they were crazy!
Post a Comment