Monday, January 19, 2009

A Moment

On Thursday I was teaching my heart out trying to make something boring interesting, personally I felt we had beat poor Paul Revere into the ground all over again. I pretty much was reviewing what we learned, but I had a question...one question....one that no one had the answer to but I KNOW we talked about extensively in class. I love that the one student whose parents think I am too hard, who think that because their daughter pulled a B in science is being too challenged, that the same kid that said science was too hard earlier this year just pounded out detailed answers to the questions I asked her earlier that day because we were talking about "the challenge of third grade science" over material that she actually learned instead of crammed for to pass the test, we haven't talked about that particular subject matter in two months, anyway, this kid that is being too challenged not only said the answer got to her feet and shouted the answer causing me to get so excited I actually screamed YES! YES! YES! You got it, you figured it out, you are THINKING! YES! I screamed so loud I actually saw three girls cover their ears. That my friends is a moment that is worth tucking away in my happy memory file from this school year. I think I just might e-mail her mom before going to bed to tell her about her daughter's achievements for the day.

1 comment:

krista said...

yes! please email her mom...
so many times we're only told of the bad things...things are brought to our attention because they need to be addressed, changed, worked on.
our achievements never get the fanfare they deserve.
and i'm so glad you had a happy teaching moment...it's a shame that they are not as prevalent as they should be.