Friday, January 16, 2009

Catch Up

In eighth grade we would have a day every now and then that said "Ketchup" on the board, if you were all caught up on your work then you could pretty much color all period if you weren't then you used that time to...you guessed it "Ketchup." I thought I would do a brief catch up...just in case you missed me posting.

Last weekend I went to Dandridge & Pigeon Forge, TN for my grandfather's wedding. Seventy-two and getting married...again. I left Friday morning with my parents & returned to an upside down not a thing in the right place house. The boys stayed with Nick's mom & step-dad while he worked on Saturday, so their bags and things were all over the house. I had to be a big girl about it and not say a word. It was hard, very hard, especially Monday morning when I had to pack lunches and track down bottles and underwear for Rhino, it was absolutely insane, but I stayed in a good mood.(Did I fail to mention the house looked AWESOME Friday morning when I left?)
This week has been pretty busy, Nick left Monday night to go to Mississippi for the week and it was just the boys and myself all week. Overall, it was a good week, not too shabby, busy but good.

We have been growing Rhino's hair out and the other morning I threw on a hat I purchased at a yard sale over a year ago and I had to take the time to snap a picture.
He has tired boy eyes and wouldn't stand still but I thought his hair was cute sticking out of his hat.
Yesterday, I was talking to Nick on the phone on his way home while changing Roo's diaper after work and noticed a bunch of bumps that looked like bug bites but were so random and clustered together randomly there was no way it was a bug. I thought it was odd. Natalie dropped off Alex while her husband took her to the airport for her big girls away weekend, I mentioned it to her then, but didn't think much more of it. The boys:
(Did you just think three men in a tub?)
So after the kids bath, I noticed it had moved to his cheek. Then as I was talking to Kevin, Natalie's husband, when he came to get Alex I was like do you think these are bug bites? I told him I didn't think they were and he said he thought they might be bug bites. About that time Nick walks in from MS, and I was like well while he is naked check this out, do you think it is bites, I don't. He said he has chicken pox, that is what that is, can't you tell? I insisted they weren't chicken pox, but it has been years since I have seen anyone with chicken pox, so I didn't totally rule that out. This really bothered me for the next thirty minutes, no one has had chicken pox, I thought he was having an allergic reaction to his antibiotic that he has been on for his ear infections. Well LONG, LONG, LONG story short after talking to a nurse & pediatrician, my parents, consulting a friend, talking to the nursery worker, and the internet it was determined it was an allergic reaction (he had been on the medicine for nine days). We went to the doctor today and sure enough that is the final diagnosis, so we opted for the shot of steroids & new antibiotic to see if it will clear him up. Just in case you are wondering the paramedic in the house insisted I was wrong and that an allergic reaction is immediate and can't be delayed, but after I talked to my parents about MY allergic reaction to the same medicine over 20 years ago and my dad said it was days after I had started the medication he was a little more willing to at least think about the possibility and after reading on the internet and talking to the nurse & doctor last night he was ready to admit he was wrong, but of course he didn't say those words, he said, I just learned something new. (That sounds hateful and mean but really isn't meant to be...but I just get to sit back and say I was right, I was right!-there is friction in this house when it comes to medicine because Nick went to school to learn about a lot of drugs and works with it so he is supposed to know it all, according to him.) :) Here is what he looked like tonight:
Yes, that is a Pull Up on my 1 year old...we were at the doctor's office waiting and he pooped, I had no diapers or diaper bag. Rhino just happened to have three wipes and a Pull Up in his bag from school-thank goodness!
Apparently this doesn't bother him too much! I am just glad we know what is wrong with that kid, it doesn't appear to itch so that is good, I just can't wait to see him with no more hives.

On a happier note, we had a blast with Mr. Alex last night, he is a cutie all the way! He and Rhino played for a long time (together Nat-finally-they weren't just in the same room playing) in Rhino's room. They ate dinner together and then played again while I cleaned the kitchen. Everyone helped clean up Rhino's room before the bath and then Kevin came to pick Alex up during bath time. Luckily, we were able to play a little longer because Kevin let Alex hang out with us for a little while. I didn't tell Rhino that Alex was coming until right before he showed up, he said, "We will have three brothers tonight! That will be exciting!" Here are some more pictures from dinner & bath time, no playtime pictures because I had to cook & clean while they played, I know, I know you are disappointed but when you are home alone with three kids you have to get it all done right when you can.
I made Mickey Mouse pancakes just for Alex.

3 comments:

Lennye said...

HIVES! Drew had those at the age of two once. Weird stuff for sure.

Monkey said...

Yikes those are some bad looking hives! Those are great looking pancakes and a cute group of boys getting clean! Awesome ketchup job!

Natalie said...

AW! I am late on checking blogs (again). First of all--YIKES on Andrew's reaction! You told me about it on the phone, but you did not say it was crazy bad like that! Poor kiddo. And thanks for not giving my kid the chicken pox--I DO appreciate it. :) Second, thanks for keeping Alex and for giving him such a great time! The mickey mouse pancakes were so cute. He loves him some Kinsey! Cute bath pics too.

"prent"
"Prent yer name at the top and wait fer instructions."