Do you make to do lists? I have a friend from college that makes to do lists like no one I know, she had long term, short term, today, tomorrow, by the end of the week to do lists. I always thought she was crazy, I mean I make a to do list every now and then but I don't go crazy with multiples. Today I thought of my friend who goes nuts with her mounds and mounds of crazy to do lists. I wrote mine out today:
1. play with kids
2. do kids laundry
3. wash towels
4. move Andrew's closets around
5. empty & reload dishwasher
6. finish putting new pictures into new photo album (new...pictures from 2007 and album really is new)
7. finish book while sitting in a bath
8. go to bed early-before 11
See I learned something from my massive to do lister friend, you always include simple things that you KNOW you are going to do just so you can mark them off. So I included things I knew I would do-like right now I am running my bath water to finish my book.
Happy New Year!! I am not making any resolutions for 2009. I try not to make any future broken promises because I feel disappointed at the end of the year when I realize that I didn't meet any of my resolutions and frankly I have enough going on to worry about one more thing I didn't do. ;)
Here's to a great 2009!
3 comments:
Amen on the resolution front - I like your list. I sometimes sneak and put things on the list I've actually already done, so that I get to START by crossing something off. I'm sure a therapist would have a field day with that.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
i jokingly told a friend of mine that my new year's resolution was to disappoint myself at least once. that way i knew i would feel successful at year's end. i was joking but you know what they say...every joke is 50 percent true.
I've totally done that with lists too...written some easy things on there that I'm already ABOUT to finish, so I can check it off and feel excited about it...good to see I'm not the only one. I love lists. There's a website I need to find and give to you, it's an online list maker thingy! We did some cleaning the other day and both of us had all these tiny pieces of paper with lists of things we want to check out later on---mine are especially songs that I've heard or seen and want to check out later...so there's all these pieces of paper on my desk with different songs written on them!
Post a Comment