Once in an interview I was asked what would the principal see when she entered my room, I said well you might see what you may think is chaos but really it is learning. I am often on the floor with my kids, when I was nine months pregnant (with #1) I was sitting on the floor PAST my due date. Next she asked me what kind of teacher do I consider myself, I said, strict but loving, I hold high expectations, and as I have already said I am an on the floor kind of teacher. I never said that I have a bad habit of lying on the floor with the kids, especially for tight fitting rooms where there is no room for tables for reading groups. My parapro took some pictures last week of the kids and I playing I Spy in our new I Spy book. Just proof I do what I say. :)

1 comment:
Aw that looks like fun! I'm totally a floor person too. :-)
Post a Comment