Thursday, May 28, 2009
Grease
What is it about the movie Grease that will instantly take you back into a different time of your life? I don't really remember watching this movie a lot as a kid, but I remember watching it a few times in middle school, mainly in seventh and eighth grade because I had a friend that loved stuff like that so I'd watch it with her. It was never my first pick of a movie to watch I'd rather watch The Dead Poet's Society or School Ties where no one sings and there is a lot of drama. But tonight before coming in to check my e-mail I found myself sitting on the couch watching the beginning scenes of Grease smiling from ear to ear. I can see my sister performing as the "bitch" and I remember thinking as she lay sideways on the bench saying, "Because he sounds like a drag." wow, she really nailed that, did her teacher know her that well to know she could perform that part without acting at all? Thankfully, over the years that has changed and my sister might actually have to act out that part now. Then instantly I am not sitting on my couch, rather I am at my friend's house all of 13 secretly dreaming that one day perhaps I could feel a love like that. I get thrown into my own summer love memories and suddenly I am awakened as Danny hits the high note on the bleachers. Then I wonder what is it about this movie? Isn't it strange what a movie can do to trigger random memories and emotions? Songs do that to me too...but that is a post all in itself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
for me, it's grease 2.
michelle pfeiffer.
i wanted to be stephanie zanoni so bad i could taste it.
i used to run around in my underoos singing all the songs.
and i hate musicals.
Post a Comment